Pages

Saturday 1 November 2014

Earth architecture is beautiful!!


 I was travelling to villages around Bodhgaya in Bihar, a beautiful region carpeted in paddy fields and to break the monotony, groves of date palms… I was visiting the solar electrification project of Karuna Sechen. Solar systems had been installed in the mud houses of landless people. On each thatch roof could be seen a solar panel.

Moving around the villages, I got captured by the beauty… not of the solar panels but of the mud houses… Just like a young man looking at a beautiful woman in bikini wouldn’t resist wanting to caress her soft skin, I couldn’t resist passing my fingers over the golden colour walls… so smooth… so perfect… so beautiful… so sensuous… exquisite life-size handicrafts…


Looking at my expression of wonder, a woman, the owner of the house smiles and says, “Mud houses are beautiful!!”


To continue reading... go to website Ancient Roots

No comments:

Post a Comment